Sam van Zweden is a 25 year old freelance writer, based in Melbourne. She reviews books for The Big Issue, Readings Monthly, and has interned for the Emerging Writers’ Festival 2012. She was an official Emerging Blogger for the Melbourne Writers’ Festival in 2012, and a blogging partner of Overland Poetry Festival in 2010 and 2011. She has recently completed a BA (Creative Writing) at RMIT, and plans to move to post graduate study in 2014.
She is currently a program intern for the Melbourne Writers Festival, and social media coordinator for Kill Your Darlings.
Melbourne’s literature scene is alive and kicking, and this blog follows Sam’s stumbling around that labyrinthine dream.
If you’re interested in having me review your book or cover your event, or just want to drop me a line, I can also be emailed at email@example.com Books, gifts and bribes welcome to PO Box 457, Kew, Vic. 3101. If you send an unsolicited book, no guarantees it will be reviewed, but it’s worth a shot.
- The 'food' argument about Twitter is silly. It's MOST interesting, most personal. This point 2 yrs ago in Melbourne room w @philipthiel too. 1 minute ago
- Approach the spiritual... even if you're not spiritual. - Walter Mason. #ewf13 4 minutes ago
- When writing the personal, include the outside world- stop it becoming too personal - Walter Mason. #ewf13 6 minutes ago
- Hell. First accidental tweet from wrong account. Saved quickly, but did have a heart attack. 24 minutes ago
- @marymasters I'm in! 3 hours ago